Treatment of stone diseases at this hospital
* Without opening the abdomen through incision renal stone can be extracted through a single small hole. Approximately five hundred patients under went such operation last year for stone extraction. Our success rate for such operation is 99%.
* Through crush maneuver and without incising the abdomen renal stones can be extracted by ESWL. The great advantage of such procedure is that patients do not need to stay at hospital. A patient is allowed to go home 2-3 hours after such operation. Last year approximately six hundred patients underwent ESWL. Our success rate for such operation is 92%.
* URS+ICPL are the treatment of choice for extracting ureteric stones. There is no need for patients to remain in hospital over a day. A patient is kept under observation for 3-4 hours. Last year approximately hundred patients underwent such procedure.
* Bladder stones can be extracted by Cystolitholapaxy. The great advantage of this operation is patients are kept under supervision for 3-4 hours.
*Renal Transplantation: Those patents having complete renal failure are the ideal candidates of kidney transplant. Last year 59 patients underwent renal transplantation. We have a success rate of 92% in such procedure.
*Dialysis: Renal failure patients requiring dialysis can enjoy such procedure at reasonable price. We have 10 bedded separate dialysis units in this hospital, where 4500 patients (approx.) underwent the maneuver last year.
*CAPD Patients are able to perform their own dialysis at home through this procedure. There is facility for such operation in our hospital.
Various operations for kidney and ureter without incision (through instruments)
* When prostate gland enlarges both in size and mass in male, TURP can be done
* Tumors of urinary bladder can be extracted by TURBT
* When there is stricture in urethra OIU can be done to overcome it
Treatment for bladder and ureteric cancer
* Kidney cancer can be treated by Radical Nephrectomy
* Partial Nephrectomy is the treatment of choice partial renal cancer
* If the total bladder is affected by cancer, it can be treated by excising the whole bladder and creating an artificial urinary passage (Radical Cystectomy Diversion)
Treatment of congenital anomalies of kidney, renal tract and testis
* If there is ligation congenitally at the junction of kidney with ureter, it can be overcome by an operation called Pyeloplasty.
* When there is congenital presence of urethral meatus on the ventral surface penis, it can be corrected by Hypospediasis repair.
* Congenital presence of testis in the abdomen can be placed back into the scrotum by Orchidopexy.
Reconstructive surgery of urethra
* Anastomotic urethroplasty is the treatment of choice in case of rupture urethra following RTA.
* Buccal membrane is used for reconstructive surgery (BMG urethroplasty) in case of correction of stricture urethra.
Treatment of Nephrology disorders
* Everyday 2 Nephrologists and 1 Pediatric Nephrologist render services at the outdoor department of the hospital.
*Renal Biopsy: USG guided renal biopsy is performed here
*Dialysis Catheter: With the help of Doppler USG catheter is implanted at neck or in the leg.
*Permanent Catheter: When fistula cannot be done such procedure is used.
*CAPD Catheter: A patient is capable of taking dialysis at home by this procedure.
*Diabetic and Hypertension clinics: Diabetic and hypertensive patients are treated here.
Treatment of urinary incontinence
* Those women having difficulty of controlling urine particularly during sneezing, cough and prayer are the candidates for TVT insertion.
* Urinary incontinence particularly after gynecological as well as obstetric case may be manifested by voluntary urination due to rupture of bladder, caused by injury to it as result of operation is treated by VVF repair.